Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Hardest Part In Game Development: Marketing

All I have to say is... Wow. How ignorant was I thinking that after I was finally finished with Backyard Zombies I could sit back, relax, and watch the downloads roll in. This has to be the most stressful part about making a game! Every morning I wake up and rush over to my computer to check to see how many more downloads I got. Let's face it, the numbers aren't what I was expecting. So I've been very active on a ton of forums trying to get involved and the the word out for Backyard Zombies. It's hard. But I'm going to keep trying as hard as I can, because I think if I can just get the game to be on the top new paid/top new free lists on the Android Market, It will take care of itself. It's hard to start a new project right now, too. I can't focus on an entire new project without worrying about how Backyard Zombies is doing... Hopefully this will start looking up soon. As the days go by the downloads are consistently increasing, just not by much. Now  I know that marketing is definitely the hardest part about making a game.
-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment